- If an appliance dealer other than Tevis Propane is installing your propane appliance, we schedule the final “hook-up” when are notified that they have completed their work.
- Tevis completes their portion of the installations and performs leak and gas safety checks on the entire system.
- Tevis reviews the results of the safety checks with the homeowner, explains how the system works, and reviews propane delivery options. Safety information is left with the customer regarding proper propane use.
- Tevis schedules the final county inspection. The homeowner or their representative must be present for the county inspection.
- In the rare event that the final inspection does not pass, Tevis will respond quickly to make all adjustments required by the inspector, and the final inspection process is repeated.
- When the county inspection is passed, the process is complete and the installation job is finished (but the not the relationship that we’ve built with you). We hope to serve your propane needs for many years to come!
Click here for a list of county permit and inspection offices.
Tevis can schedule the inspection for a particular day but not a specific time. If the homeowner calls the inspection office between 7:00 and 8:00 AM on the day of the appointment, the inspector might give an approximate time. They are not required to do so.